Athletic Training and Rehabilitation Studies
If you're interested in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Physiotherapy, Athletic Training, Nutrition, Fitness and Wellness, this program is for you!
Learn about Injury Management, Training and Taping, Sports Psychology, Sports Nutrition, Recreation Leadership, Coaching, and Health and Wellness.
Hands on classes for Grades 10 - 12 are geared towards certification in:
- Injury Management
- Nutrition and Wellness
- Sport Psychology 1
- Foundations for Training 1
- Taping Rec Project A
- Sport Nutrition
- Sport Psychology 2
- Foundations for Training 2
- Rec Project B
- Sport and Society
- Sport Psychology 3
- Foundations for Training 3
Graham on high bar
Graham on the pommel
STAFFNatasha Hutchinson, B.P.E., B.Ed.,
- Concentration in Active Living
- Major in Phys. Ed.
- Minor in Biology
- Instructor at Red Deer College in Kinesiology Labs in Heath and Wellness as well as Measurement and Evaluation (Fitness Testing)
- Certified Exercise Physiologist (CEP). This is the most advanced certification in the health and fitness industry. Ms. Hutchinson has worked with a variety of clients including athletes, sports teams, older adults, and the general public including working with Capital Health providing practical exercise sessions for persons with chronic diseases.
Marc Meunier, B.Ed.
- Hockey Canada skill development certified
- Former Saskatoon Blades Scout (WHL)
- Former Bonnyville Pontiacs Scout (AJHL)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning coach
- 5x Ironman finisher
- 6x Half-Ironman finisher
- 6x Marathon finisher
Steve Day; B.Ed., M.Ed.
- Former U of A Football Coach - Defensive Backs
- Speed & Conditioning Coach